Congratulations on your engagement!
We’re glad you’ve found us! It means you’re already thinking about your First Dance and how you can both look and feel comfortable in front of your guests. Maybe you’d even like to deliver that “wow “factor that will blow them all away!
Whatever your vision, from simple and elegant to funky and fun, our friendly and experienced instructors can teach you to dance in any style, and to any song – even if you are absolute beginners.
The First Dance: a Highlight of your Wedding
In order to feel comfortable and confident on the dance floor, most couples will have some wedding dance lessons in preparation for their big day. For most people, learning to dance can seem like a daunting task, which is why we meet so many couples thinking they have “two-left feet”. The truth is, dancing is a skill and all that’s required is for a professional instructor to teach you the steps, give you the style or choreography that you imagine, and then for you to keep practicing your dance so that everything feels really smooth and natural. Tip: That’s the secret to making you both look good! Get started by booking a free, no obligation private wedding dance lesson with us – you’ll be glad you did. Get in touch today.
Why Wedding Dance lessons?
- Get the style, look and feel of dance you’ve always imagined
- Be confident! First Dance, Bridal Party, Father-Daughter dance
- Private wedding dance lessons
- Learn at your own pace
- Choose any dance styles
- Custom choreography and music editing included
- Easy steps for the groom – he’ll enjoy coming to dance lessons!
- Private lessons are 50 mins duration and tailored to your needs
- Lessons start from only $59 per lesson, per couple
- Learn custom wedding steps and patterns in styles like Waltz, Rumba, Foxtrot, Salsa, Bachata, Tango, RocknRoll, Viennese Waltz, Cha Cha & even Hip Hop or whole routines like “Dirty Dancing”
- No regrets. Never feel that you did the dreaded wedding “shuffle”
- Amazing memories, photos and videos to last a lifetime
- Tip: Don’t leave it until the last minute!
We learnt our First Dance in just a few lessons and right from the beginning we felt comfortable and at ease. At our wedding everyone thought we’d been taking lessons for years! Our teachers were great and we really couldn’t be happier.
– Rihanna & Jacob M.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are after a romantic and traditional dance or something more funky and upbeat, we can teach you to dance in all styles. Another option is to mix a few different songs and have the best of both worlds! Popular dance styles in the past have included: Waltz, Rumba, Tango, Foxtrot, Salsa, Top 40′s, Blues, Latin Bachata, Cha Cha Cha, Argentine Tango, Viennese Waltz, Swing and Rock ‘n’ Roll plus funky styles like Hip Hop, Jazz/Pop and many other YouTube sensations. Haven’t chosen a song yet? No worries, we can still get you started.
You don’t necessarily need to have lessons all the way up until the wedding, but you’ll be glad you started early because dancing is all about learning new skills. The more time you have to learn at your own pace and practice, the better you’ll look and feel on the day.
We can teach anyone to dance, but have found that most couples need approximately 15 – 18 lessons in order to look natural and be truly confident in all aspects of their dancing. The more time you spend on your dancing, the better the end result. Fewer time can leave you looking a bit stiff or robotic, and not allow you to really enjoy the moment – unless you’re both super-quick learners!
About: All wedding dance lessons are Private lessons, which are 1-on-1 dance lessons that are tailored to each couples individuals needs. This means that the teacher works on your chosen song and preferred dance styles, you will go at your pace of learning and your First Dance will look and feel exactly the way you imagined it to be! From simple and elegant to funky and fun, every couple is different and we take this into account when teaching you to dance.
Bookings: Our private lessons are 50 minutes duration and can be booked at any days and times to suit you from 3.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Friday. Lessons can either be booked “as-you-go” or students can have a standard day/time each week if they prefer. If ever you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson, simply get in touch with us (minimum of 24 hours required to avoid forfeiting the lesson) and we will change your booking.
How Lessons Work
Terms & Policies
- Wedding dance lessons are 50 mins duration.
- Private lessons are by appointment. Bookings between 2.00pm – 10:00pm Monday to Friday. Call (08) 8231 8231 to book.
- Lessons as part of a package start from $59 per lesson, per couple. Valid for 12 months from purchase.
- There are no refunds for any lesson packages, however lessons may be transferable upon enquiry.
- All wedding dance lessons must be prepaid before they are booked with an instructor.
- Please give 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule a lesson to avoid being fully charged for that lesson.
- Free lesson is approx 20 mins of dance instruction followed by a consultation.